Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Parents As Teachers Graduation

Sarah has been enrolled in Shawnee Mission Parents As Teachers since before she was born.  Our first home visit occurred when she was about 3 months old.  And since that time, Miss Janet Cody has been a monthly visitor at our house!  Sarah has looked forward to each visit and always wants to know what fun toys or books Janet will have with her.  Little did she know that Janet was actually teaching and assessing her development that whole time!

On Tuesday, Sarah graduated from the program with the rest of the three-year-olds.  She got an official cap and everything!  Unfortunately, Tom and I stayed home with Kate (we had only been home a couple of days, and I wasn't sure I was up to the outing that soon after my surgery), so Sarah got to graduate with Grammie and PaPa cheering her on.  Luckily, as evidenced by these pictures PaPa took for us, Sarah didn't seem to mind the fact that we weren't there!





Here is Sarah's first (and probably cheapest!) "diploma"...



No comments:

Post a Comment