Every fall, I see information about the Midwest Balloon Festival and I think, "Hmm. That would be fun!" And every fall it's a thousand degrees and I think, "Hmm. That won't be any fun at all!" This fall, however, the weather was beautiful for a change. I didn't want to actually attend the event, but I wanted to see the Balloon Glow on Friday night. Lucky for us, the festival is now held at the Kansas Speedway, which means plenty of opportunity to park and watch from a distance!
When we got there, a group of balloons were taking flight into the evening sky. It was pretty spectacular!
Sarah was unimpressed.
All she really wanted was "Mommy's beer." (Please note that this "beer" is, in fact, an Arizona Arnold Palmer Half and Half Lite. I know better than to tailgate at the balloon festival!) Notice the "super moon" behind her? I'm sure that's what caused her to loudly demand more beer throughout the evening...
Kate didn't have beer, but she seemed to enjoy avoiding mosquitos and hanging out in the car!
When both girls chose to hang out in the car, we knew it was time to head home.
If only they had looked out the window, they could have seen the Balloon Glow that I had so hoped to share with them!
Oh, well. Maybe next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment