Friday, November 28, 2014

More Wit and Wisdom

We were in the car with Grammie one evening, and she tried to point something out to Sarah.  Then Grammie said something along the lines of "I'm not sure you can see that because it's getting dark."  Sarah responded with the obvious - "I have blue eyes, and blue eyes are the best for seeing clearly."

We were on a walk and Sarah suddenly ran a few feet in front of the stroller, held up her hand and yelled, "Stop! (brief pause) Free samples!"  She then continued to stop us before every driveway and offer us free samples of "chocolate or ba-nilla" (vanilla).  We might feed her off Costco samples more often than we should...

Sarah has also gotten very good at finding cars with personalized license plates recently.  She'll spot a personalized plate and then ask us, "What's that car's name?"

When we told Sarah that Uncle Adam and Aunt Megan were going to have a baby, Sarah just said, "But who will be the baby's big sister?"

Sarah is very excited to be a cousin.  I asked her if she thought it was a boy cousin or a girl cousin, and she kind of rolled her eyes, gave a little sigh and said, "It is definitely a girl baby, Mom."  I asked her what she thought would be a good name for her new cousin, and she said (without hesitation), "Clam.  That's my favorite name."

Sarah was in the car with me on the way to visit Grammie and PaPa.  I told her that Uncle Adam might be there, but that Aunt Megan may not be there because she might have to be at work.  Sarah said, "But Mom!  Megan shouldn't have to work because she has a baby in her tummy.  She should be at the hospital!"  Then she paused and said, "Will Megan be in the up high part of the hospital like you were when Kate came out of your tummy? Because I like to ride in the elevator."

Adam and Megan came over to reveal the gender of Baby Clam.  Sarah has been hoping for a girl cousin.  When Adam asked her why she wanted a girl, she said very matter-of-factly, "Because girl cousins are MUCH better than boy cousins." (Of course they're having a boy!)

Sarah's latest catch phrase is "I've noticed..."  She'll say, "I've noticed that we're having pizza for dinner" or "I've noticed that I'm going to take swim lessons this winter."  My favorite though has been, "I've noticed that I don't really want a bath tonight."

Sarah has lots of new friends at preschool, but she really likes Rory.  This may be because Rory gets to ride the bus from preschool to speech twice a week.  It took me a while to figure this out, though, because Sarah kept telling me that Rory goes to "peach."

Mornings are tough for me.  It's hard to get Sarah dressed and ready for school in a timely fashion.  Add to that the fact that I have to carry all of my stuff AND all of her stuff to the car (she carries Ellie, which means her hands are "full"), and it's more than a little difficult to get out of the house.  One day I was asking if she could please carry something to help me, and she said, "Mom.  Jesus didn't give us three arms - just two arms."

There is also no arguing with Sarah's fashion sense at the moment.  This is what she wore on our walk the other day because "it's a little bit cold out but mostly warmer."  (Yes, I did let her wear her winter coat, ear muffs, a skirt, and flip flops on our walk.  It WAS 60 degrees out in November, which is enough to confuse anyone!)







No comments:

Post a Comment