We really had a lot of fun this summer! Here are some of the random photos I had on my phone by the end of July...
We did a lot of exploring around the neighborhood this summer. We usually had our Hello Kitty backpack with us, just in case we needed something!
Sarah was really into helping this summer. We heard "I can do it" about a million times a day. Part of me celebrates her independence, but part of me is sad that she doesn't need me to help with as much. I know that she will need me less and less, and I just hope that I don't over help!
Sarah was also really into dressing up this summer! We spent time in her dress up closet almost every day. She is VERY good at walking in tiny plastic high heels.

We also painted Sarah's toe nails for the first time this summer. She was VERY proud of her little pink piggies!
We went to the zoo all the time. We had a very mild summer, and the animals are more active when it's not so hot outside. I think Sarah just went to ride the train and the carousal, though!
Sometimes we didn't even have to leave the house to see animals, though! We had lots of bunnies in our yard (and in my garden!) all summer long.
Luckily, we also had 4 hawks that took up residency in our neighborhood! They liked to sit on Sarah's swing set and watch for squirrels, bunnies, chipmunks, and other neighborhood edibles.
And one random morning, we even had a deer wander through the backyards of our neighborhood!
Sarah also spent a lot of time playing at the Johnson County Museum this summer. It has a great pretend city for the littles, and she loves all of it!
She played at the settlers' cabin...
...the theater...
...the park...
...the hospital...
...the post office...
...and the grocery store.
Her favorite place to play, though, was the farm! She loved picking corn, driving the tractor, and milking the cow.
Notice that she put the carton of milk under the cow instead of using the bucket? Clever girl!
This summer we also spent a lot of time playing on our deck. I took these photos one morning around 7:00 am. Sarah happened to be belting out the ABCs at the top of her lungs. I'm sure the neighbors loved it!
Sometimes we played in our neighbor's super cool inflatable pool.
Sometimes we just grabbed a book off Mommy's bookshelf and started reading!
We also had lots of yummy fresh produce this summer. Some was from the garden, some was from the farmer's market, and some was from Door To Door Organics. I laid out all the contents from our first box for Sarah to see, and she said, "Yummy! Broccoli!" Whose kid is she?!
All in all, we had a PEACH of a summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment