Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tot Tumbling

Sarah has been so excited about jumping and spinning and rolling around lately.  I thought I would cash in on her interest (and take advantage of an opportunity to burn off some of her energy) and sign up for a tot-and-parent tumbling class.  Shauna and Finley joined us as we walked on balance beams, hung from bars, swung on rings, and learned how to do forward rolls.  Most of the time, Sarah was willing to participate but didn't love going through the routines.  What she DID love was time in the foam pit at the end of class!
 
On our last day of class, I tried to snap a few photos with my phone.  They aren't the best pictures I've ever taken, it's true.  In my defense, though, I was dealing with a very excited and active 2-year-old!
 
Here she is getting ready to jump into the pit:  
 
 
She loved grabbing the rope to pull herself out.
 
 
 
Sometimes a simple "up and over" technique worked just as well.
 
 
 
Look how nicely Finley sat for her photo!
 
 
This, of course, was the best I could do for Sarah...
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment