I know. She's two. It's about time I cut her hair already. Well, quit complaining! This Friday, Sarah had her very first haircut (if you don't count me cutting off the little duck tail she had when she was an infant - which I don't!).
I'm so lucky that my amazing cousin, Lizzie, is also a super talented "haircut girl" (Sarah's words, not mine). And I'm so glad she is - I'm not sure I would have trusted anyone else with my baby's toddler's 1st haircut!
We met Lizzie at her salon in Lee's Summit, and Sarah hopped right up into the chair with no hesitation. This girl was READY.
We thought we might be able to wash her hair in the big sink, but Sarah kind of freaked out over that.
Good thing Lizzie had a squirt bottle handy to wet it down instead!
Sarah sat very still while Lizzie got her ready...
And then it was time to trim!!!
Once her hair was trimmed, Lizzie asked if she could put a braid in Sarah's hair. I was like, "Oh, sure! Most days it's all I can do to get a pony tail in there!" and Lizzie was all like, "Stand back and watch the professional at work, girl!" Hmmm. Sorry to have ever doubted you, Lizzie. You are truly a champion haircut girl.
And with that, Sarah's baby book is complete. All of her important baby milestones are done. I will **SOB** absolutely **WAAA** not cry! (Insert tiny heartbreak here...)
At least I had family there to support me! We love you, Lizzie!
No comments:
Post a Comment