Recently, Sarah has been pushing the limits on a lot of things. We're working on using our words instead of just screaming, and she's getting better about this.
Luckily, she's also been super cute recently. Here are a few examples of what keeps our hearts full of love for this little ball-of-tantrum:
First, Sarah has learned how to take "selfies." My phone is full of them. The one above is the best of the bunch by far - most of them are of her chin or her nostrils.
Sarah loves to have me draw things on her Magnadoodle school bus. The other day, she told me to draw Daddy for her. I asked her to tell me what Daddy looked like so I could draw him the right way. Sarah said, "He's a boy, and he can reach me up to the top of the basketball hoop." I guess that means he's tall???
It's been cold recently, so Sarah has needed to wear her winter coat a lot. She calls the "hood" on her coat her "hoop." It's super cute - especially since she can say words like "escalator" and "Albuquerque" correctly!
We went on a walk Tuesday afternoon. It was very eventful - we saw three mail trucks, a trash truck, and two deer. Each time we saw one of these amazing sights, Sarah would take a deep breath and yell, "Awesome! I can't a-breeve it!" (I can't believe it!)
The other day, I told Sarah I couldn't pick her up off the floor because I have a baby in my tummy. She said, "Well, take it out!" When I asked how I could do that, she said, "You just throw it!"
Just a few days later, she told me that she didn't want to go to school. I asked her why and she said, "I don't feel well. I have a baby in my tummy." Hmmm. Maybe I need to stop using my pregnancy as a reason not to pick her up anymore!
Sarah loves her sister, though, and takes good care of her (most of the time). She sings to her and says "hello" to my tummy all the time. The other morning, I asked her if she could go with Daddy so I could shower. Sarah started crying and, when I asked what was wrong, she said, "I don't want my sister to get wet!" She didn't stop crying until I lifted my shirt and let her "hold" her sister (she does this by pretending to pick the baby up with her thumb and first two fingers). What a good big sister!
This morning, we were watching PAW Patrol, her new favorite (and my new least favorite) TV show. It features (among other things) a dog that can fly. I asked Sarah if our dog could fly. She looked at me like I was nuts and said, "No. And Daddy can't fly. But he's good at picking up dog poop and knocking me down." Well said, Sarah. Well said...
No comments:
Post a Comment