FOUR MONTHS PREGNANT
The Survey
How far along? 16 Weeks
Total weight gain? Whew! Holding steady. I actually gained NO WEIGHT between my last appointment and my most recent. Yippee! Little Bit is still growing, though, so that's what's important (but it feels good to know I'm not growing like mad, either!).
Maternity clothes? You betcha! I can still wear yoga pants and jeggings, but that's IT. No normal pants fit at this point! I alternate between maternity shirts and some of my bigger, stretchier non-pregnancy shirts. I can still button the top two buttons of my winter coat, but that bottom button is pretty tight...
Stretch marks? Not yet, but the itchy belly thing has started. I'm guessing that means the real stretching will begin soon. Boo!
Sleep? I waking up to use the bathroom 3-4 nights a week, but not every night yet. Heartburn has started up, so I'm trying to stay on my left side. I'm totally sleeping with my pregnancy pillow at this point, too! Now if Sarah would just sleep past 5:30, life would be grand...
Best moment this month? Learning the gender of our Bitty Baby!
Miss anything? Not really. Our friend and neighbor, Monica, had some of us girls over for a craft night the other night, and I sort of missed having a glass of wine. It was more of a social thing than a craving thing, though!
Movement? Maybe?! It's so hard to tell when it's this early. I thought I felt movement earlier this week, but then I haven't felt anything since so maybe it was just gas...or wishful thinking.
Food cravings? Nope. I'm still not really in the mood to eat much of anything. Poor Tom made meatloaf a couple of weeks ago and I could only take a few bites of it.
Anything making you queasy or sick? See above mentioned meatloaf. :)
Gender predictions? It's a girl! We found out on November 3 that we are being blessed with another little girl. I am so thrilled that Sarah will have a sister and life-long friend! Selfishly, I'm also thrilled that I'll have another little girl to love on (until she turns 12 and hates me!).
Labor signs? No, but I still get weird cramps and pain along my C-section incision.
Symptoms? The ever-increasing swell of my belly, the beginning of heartburn, and dry, itchy skin.
Wedding ring on or off? On but getting tighter...
Happy or moody? I'd say I'm pretty happy most of the time, but stupid commercials and Internet videos seem designed to make me cry. We'll see if I make it through Christmas commercials without totally bawling every 5 minutes!
Looking forward to: REALLY feeling this baby kick. I had forgotten what an amazing feeling that is until I *thought* I felt it. Now I'm very excited to feel those little flutters again!
Thoughts: I'm feeling lots better now that I'm into my second trimester, and I'm starting to get excited about digging through the baby stuff in our basement. I don't want to get too much of it out this early, but I also don't want to wait until I'm too big to move things around on my own! I think we're going to leave the nursery pretty much the way it was for Sarah, but I'd like to do some little things to make it special for this baby. I know she'll get a lot of Sarah's old stuff, but I'm going to try really hard to make things special and different for her, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment