Not that I don't love all the attention that comes with having a baby (meaning, of course, that I am every bit as uncomfortable with the spotlight this time around as I was with my first pregnancy), but it was so nice to have an event this weekend that focused on someone else for a change! And Adam and Megan's upcoming wedding is definitely something worth celebrating!!!
The location of the shower was a wonderful little bar and grill in Lee's Summit with tasty drinks and amazing food. We had our own private room in the back of the restaurant to celebrate, and it was beautifully decorated by my amazing cousins (Carrie, Lizzie and Natalie) and aunt (Marilyn). I mean, how cute are these gift bags?!
And the Tiffany's blue mason jars were the perfect pop of color on the tables...
My contribution to the shower was the flowers and a special vase for Adam and Megan to take home with them. I also ordered the cake from our all-time-family-cake-maker, Karen Peterson!
We had a spectacular lunch (we got to choose between corn and chicken chowder or house salad as an appetizer and tilapia, roast beef, fried chicken salad, or seafood mac and cheese for our entree), and then we let Adam and Megan open presents! Adam was still in a sling recovering from surgery to fix his broken arm, so Megan did most of the heavy lifting herself...
Once all the presents had been opened, we dug into the cake. Adam and Megan were still in the spotlight, though...but at least they had a sense of humor about it!

No comments:
Post a Comment