Saturday, April 12, 2014

Easter Eggs

This Saturday, we took Sarah to an Easter egg hunt at Grace Christian Church.  Our purpose was twofold - one, she got to run around and find a bunch of eggs and two, we thought it would be a good way to introduce her to the building where she will be attending preschool in the fall!  I figure it can't hurt to be able to say to her, "Preschool will be fun!  Remember when you got all that candy there?"  I am SO not above using positive memories of chocolate to my advantage!

The event started with a quick reminder of the story of Easter.  As the kids sat and listened to the story, Sarah sat and modeled her sunglasses.  Someday I'm sure she'll figure out how to wear them the right way, but until then...


It WAS very warm and sunny, however, and I guess her sunglasses just didn't provide enough UV protection for her.  Instead, she decided to wear her basket on her head to provide some much-needed shade.

  
When sitting in the sun became just too much of a challenge for her, she took advantage of the fact that Daddy was standing right behind her and snuggled while waiting for the hunt to begin.



Of course, she was able to pay attention again when it was announced that it was time to find Easter eggs!


Sarah went with the other 1 to 3-year-olds to a big grassy area next to the playground.  There were probably 12 kids and 200 eggs, so the odds were definitely in her favor!









Poor Sarah.  Her basket was so full of eggs that it was getting too heavy for her to carry!


Luckily, Daddy was there to rescue her again.


Having Daddy hold your basket really frees up your hands to grab more eggs!


Once all the eggs had been picked up (it took a while, let me tell you!), we got to empty them into Sarah's basket.  She was thrilled beyond belief that they all contained chocolate!  Since it was 70 degrees out, I wasn't so thrilled, but we managed to make the best of a very sticky situation...




Hand fed a peanut butter cup by Daddy?  I'm pregnant and even I don't get that kind of star treatment!!!

Check out her haul, though.  I think we'll have a lot of happy memories of this place when it comes time for Sarah to go to preschool here!


Mmmmmm.......



No comments:

Post a Comment